|Dozierende||Gunter Festel (email@example.com, BeurteilerIn)|
|Inhalt||Lifescience Venturing is a guideline for those concerned with the creation, management and support of early stage companies in the lifescience industry (e.g. medical technology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics or immunology sectors).
The course is structured in 5 different parts over two days whereby each part is 90 minutes long. The course will cover all important aspects of founding and building up a start-up company from the planning phase to selling the company.
• Part 1 (start-up companies and business plans) provides an overview on the characteristics and importance of start-ups in innovation processes and how to create a business plan.
• Part 2 (founding and building up a start-up) deals with the aspects of founding and building up a start-up from planning basic decisions, like legal form and location, to building up the organisation.
• Part 3 (financial planning and capital acquisition) describes the financial planning process and the capital acquisition process including capital needs and financial sources.
• Part 4 (company evaluation methods) shows how companies are evaluated and especially the challenges and approaches for the evaluation of early-stage start-ups.
• Part 5 (exit strategy and exit execution) focuses on the development and execution of an exit strategy, such as the trade sale of the company or an IPO.
Working in groups, students will practice core elements of a business plan, financing, holding negotiations with investors including a due diligence and corporate valuation. As preparation for the group work, the students have to read 1 or 2 pre-readings for each part of the course.
|Lernziele||The special focus is on practice oriented aspects, such as financing and negotiation strategies, using practice examples from the lifescience industry. Aim is that the students will acquire the competence necessary to found and successfully build up their own company. Through a clear thematic structure, practise related recommendations and real case studies, participants will obtain a fast and comprehensive insight into this specific topic.|
|Literatur||- Copeland M.V., Malik O. (2006): How to build a bulletproof start-up, Business 2.0, Time Inc., New York
- Holaday J.W., Meltzer S.L., McCormick, J.T. (2003): Strategies for attracting angel investors, Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, Vol. 9, No. 2, January 2003, p. 129-133
- Frei P., Lelux B. (2004): Valuation - what you need to know, Nature Biotechnology, Vol. 22, No. 8, August 2004, p. 1049-1051
|Bemerkungen||The course will be purely digital, i.e. without any fixed timeslots. There will be only one presentation date which will be organized within the team. All further information and course material can be found on the workspace on ADAM, where access will be granted after the enrollments approval.|
|Weblink||Weblink to ADAM|
|Teilnahmebedingungen||There are no preferable conditions for a participation in the course.|
|Anmeldung zur Lehrveranstaltung||As the course is restricted to 30 students, please enrol by using this link https://adam.unibas.ch/goto.php?target=crs_1069976_rcode33gJ2aUK9E&client_id=adam from Jan 1st until March 16th, 2021, 8 pm.
First come, first served!
You will be notified by March 17th, 2021, if you have been admitted to the course. Your enrollment in MOnA will then be registered automatically after the official enrollment's deadline (March 29, 2021).
|Einsatz digitaler Medien||Online-Veranstaltung|
|Datum||15.03.2021 – 31.05.2021|
The course will be completely online from March 15 until May 31 2021. All further details and course material can be found on the workspace on ADAM.
Keine Einzeltermine verfügbar, bitte informieren Sie sich direkt bei den Dozierenden.
Modul: Wahlbereich (Masterstudium: Wirtschaftswissenschaften)
|Hinweise zur Leistungsüberprüfung||Due to the Corona regulations there will be no multiple choice test as performance assessment. Instead the presentation of the group work will be evaluated and a individual essay which have to be delivered at the end of the course.|
|An-/Abmeldung zur Leistungsüberprüfung||An- und Abmelden: Dozierende|
|Wiederholtes Belegen||beliebig wiederholbar|
|Zuständige Fakultät||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät / WWZ, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Anbietende Organisationseinheit||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät / WWZ|