|Dozierende||Gunter Festel (firstname.lastname@example.org, BeurteilerIn)|
|Inhalt||Lifescience Venturing is a guideline for those concerned with the creation, management and support of early stage companies in the lifescience industry (e.g. medical technology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics or immunology sectors).
The course is structured in 5 different parts over two days whereby each part is 90 minutes long. The course will cover all important aspects of founding and building up a start-up company from the planning phase to selling the company.
• Part 1 (start-up companies and business plans) provides an overview on the characteristics and importance of start-ups in innovation processes and how to create a business plan.
• Part 2 (founding and building up a start-up) deals with the aspects of founding and building up a start-up from planning basic decisions, like legal form and location, to building up the organisation.
• Part 3 (financial planning and capital acquisition) describes the financial planning process and the capital acquisition process including capital needs and financial sources.
• Part 4 (company evaluation methods) shows how companies are evaluated and especially the challenges and approaches for the evaluation of early-stage start-ups.
• Part 5 (exit strategy and exit execution) focuses on the development and execution of an exit strategy, such as the trade sale of the company or an IPO.
Working in groups, students will practice core elements of a business plan, financing, holding negotiations with investors including a due diligence and corporate valuation. As preparation for the group work, the students have to read 1 or 2 pre-readings for each part of the course.
|Lernziele||The special focus is on practice oriented aspects, such as financing and negotiation strategies, using practice examples from the lifescience industry. Aim is that the students will acquire the competence necessary to found and successfully build up their own company. Through a clear thematic structure, practise related recommendations and real case studies, participants will obtain a fast and comprehensive insight into this specific topic.|
|Literatur||- Copeland M.V., Malik O. (2006): How to build a bulletproof start-up, Business 2.0, Time Inc., New York
- Holaday J.W., Meltzer S.L., McCormick, J.T. (2003): Strategies for attracting angel investors, Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, Vol. 9, No. 2, January 2003, p. 129-133
- Frei P., Lelux B. (2004): Valuation - what you need to know, Nature Biotechnology, Vol. 22, No. 8, August 2004, p. 1049-1051
|Bemerkungen||The course will be purely digital, i.e. without any fixed timeslots. There will be only one presentation date on May 7, 2022. All further information and course material can be found on the workspace on ADAM.|
|Weblink||Weblink to ADAM|
|Teilnahmebedingungen||There are no preferable conditions for a participation in the course.|
|Anmeldung zur Lehrveranstaltung||Registration: Please enrol in MOnA until February 28, 2022 at the latest. EUCOR-Students and students of other Swiss Universities have to enrol at the students administration office (email@example.com). Enrolment = Registration for the exam! The course is limited to 30 students. You will be notified if the course should be fully booked.
|Einsatz digitaler Medien||kein spezifischer Einsatz|
|Datum||07.05.2022 – 07.05.2022|
The course starts digitally at the beginning of March. Please enrol in MOnA at the latest by end of February (28.2.22). There will be a final meeting on May 7, 2022.
|Samstag 07.05.2022||09.15-18.00 Uhr||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Seminarraum S15 HG.31|
Modul: Business Field: Management Accounting (Masterstudium: Business and Technology)
Modul: Specific Electives in Finance, Controlling, Banking (Masterstudium: Wirtschaftswissenschaften)
Modul: Wahlbereich (Masterstudium: Wirtschaftswissenschaften (Studienbeginn vor 01.08.2021))
|Hinweise zur Leistungsüberprüfung||Due to the Corona regulations there will be no multiple choice test as performance assessment. Instead the presentation of the group work will be evaluated and a individual essay which have to be delivered at the end of the course.|
|An-/Abmeldung zur Leistungsüberprüfung||An-/Abmelden: Belegen resp. Stornieren der Belegung via MOnA|
|Wiederholtes Belegen||beliebig wiederholbar|
|Zuständige Fakultät||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät / WWZ, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Anbietende Organisationseinheit||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät / WWZ|