|Dozierende||Markus Christen (email@example.com, BeurteilerIn)|
|Inhalt||To bring marketing actions to life, they need to be funded with money and implemented by people. Marketing planning is an important organizational process not just to decide what specific marketing actions to take, but also to think about priorities and the allocation of resources. The result of this process is a marketing plan. The plan not only summarizes the outcomes of the planning process for the planning horizon, namely objectives, targeting, positioning, marketing actions, and the budgets for a brand or a business unit for the coming year(s), it also has the role of being a sales document to leadership to approve the funding, a coordinating mechanism to align the various parties involved in implementing the plan, and a record of assumptions and forecasts against which actual results can be compared.
Marketing concepts and frameworks are not mind-blowingly complex; they are common sense. The reason why many companies struggle with applying them is that a business operates in an uncertain environment and must compete against companies that have access to the same marketing ‘weapons.’ These factors need to be taken into account as well in the marketing planning process.
The course uses MARKSTRAT, the world’s leading business simulation, as the practice field to experience the challenges that managers face when developing a marketing plan. Over the course of eight decisions (years) you learn how to plan and manage a portfolio of brands and products to achieve your business objectives. You have to identify strategies to grow existing brands, launch new brands and new technologies, and remove failing brands with marketing actions in both traditional and digital channels, in an ever-changing, competitive market.
Let me tell you about the course in person:
Introduction Video: https://www.dropbox.com/t/QuzHOknRy8Vjgp0x
|Lernziele||The course Advanced Marketing Strategy Practice teaches you how to develop a good marketing plan, deal with uncertainty, anticipate competition, and make financial projections. It builds on all your previous marketing courses that have taught you the necessary building blocks for a marketing plan. Since in virtually all organizations marketing planning involves different people, the course has a strong group focus; all course activities are made within a team of several individuals. More specifically, the course objectives are to learn how to
- integrate marketing strategy and actions into a coherent and convincing marketing plan;
- balance long-term versus short-term objectives and prioritize your resources accordingly;
- understand and deal with different sources of uncertainty;
- anticipate competitive actions and reactions;
- make financial projections; and
- adjust and improve your plan over time as you learn more about the behaviors of customers and competitors.
|Literatur||All required material is posted on ADAM:
- Video Lectures (available online)
- Articles (available online)
- Markstrat Access (details will be provided in the Course Introduction)
- Markstrat Decisions are due at the end of the sessions (details in class)
- Markstrat Decision 6: 13.9.2023 (19:00)
- Marketing Plan: 14.9.2023 (10:00)
- Key Learning Report: 15.9.2023 (10:00)
|Weblink||Weblink to ADAM|
|Anmeldung zur Lehrveranstaltung||1. Please register for the course and the subsequent assignment via this link here https://adam.unibas.ch/goto.php?target=crs_1210959_rcodeDu2bqWuBWb&client_id=adam from 01.08.23 - 01.09.23.
Please make sure that you are already registered for the fall semester and have paid the semester fees.
2. Eucor-Students and mobility students of other Swiss Universities or the FHNW first have to register at the University of Basel BEFORE the enrolment deadline and receive their login data by post (e-mail address of the University of Basel). Processing time up to a week! Detailed information can be found here: https://www.unibas.ch/de/Studium/Mobilitaet.html
After successful registration you have access to the enrolment link.
3. A deregistration is only possible until the start of the course and as long as you have not used a software license (which will be provided for the course). Please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Your registration will be entered in your Online Services only after the official deadline of the course registration period, i.e. after 16.10.23.
5. The following applies to everyone: enrollment = registration for the exam/assignment! In case of non-participation after registration it will be noted as "nicht erschienen" in the transcript.
|Einsatz digitaler Medien||kein spezifischer Einsatz|
|Datum||04.09.2023 – 15.09.2023|
|Montag 04.09.2023||10.15-12.00 Uhr||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Seminarraum S13 HG.35|
|Mittwoch 06.09.2023||10.15-13.30 Uhr||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Seminarraum S13 HG.35|
|Donnerstag 07.09.2023||10.15-13.30 Uhr||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Seminarraum S13 HG.35|
|Freitag 08.09.2023||10.15-13.30 Uhr||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Seminarraum S13 HG.35|
|Montag 11.09.2023||10.15-13.30 Uhr||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Seminarraum S13 HG.35|
|Dienstag 12.09.2023||10.15-13.30 Uhr||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Seminarraum S13 HG.35|
|Donnerstag 14.09.2023||10.15-13.30 Uhr||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Seminarraum S13 HG.35|
|Freitag 15.09.2023||10.15-13.30 Uhr||Juristische Fakultät, Seminarraum S10 HG.45|
Modul: Business Field: Marketing (Masterstudium: Business and Technology)
Modul: Core Courses in Marketing and Strategic Management (Masterstudium: Wirtschaftswissenschaften)
Modul: Specific Electives in Business and Economics (Masterstudium: Wirtschaftswissenschaften)
Modul: Specific Electives in Finance, Controlling, Banking (Masterstudium: Wirtschaftswissenschaften)
Modul: Specific Electives in International Business, Trade and the Environment (Masterstudium: Wirtschaftswissenschaften)
Modul: Specific Electives in Marketing and Strategic Management (Masterstudium: Wirtschaftswissenschaften)
|Hinweise zur Leistungsüberprüfung||Course Requirements and Evaluation:
1. Marketing Plan (45%)
2. Presentation Key Learnings (30%)
3. Markstrat Simulation Performance (25%)
- Firm Performance During Simulation (50%)
- Competitive Position at End of Simulation (50%)
|An-/Abmeldung zur Leistungsüberprüfung||An- und Abmelden: Dozierende|
|Wiederholtes Belegen||beliebig wiederholbar|
|Zuständige Fakultät||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät / WWZ, email@example.com|
|Anbietende Organisationseinheit||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät / WWZ|