|Dozierende||Ingo Weller (email@example.com, BeurteilerIn)|
|Inhalt||Content overview (subject to adaptations):
01: What is OB and leadership?
02: Heterogeneity (or “diversity”) in organizations
03: Discussion: The quest for equality
04: Personality, attitudes, perceptions, and decisions
05: Motivation and behaviors
06: Discussion: Rewards – from money and purpose
07: Team presentations
08: Management and/or Leadership
09: Leadership theories
10: Leadership and HRM
11: Leadership and the digitalization
12: Discussion: Leading from … at home?
|Lernziele||The «Organizational Behavior and Leadership» course is an “advanced introduction”. It is an “introduction” because it does not require much prior knowledge on the topic. Some general background from psychology or management is helpful, though. As an introduction, the course gives an overview of what OB is and how leaderships fits in. It is “advanced” because it goes further than a simple introduction. Among other things, we discuss…
• Ethical and moral aspects revolving around the practice of OB and leadership.
• How the digital transformation is changing what we know about OB and leadership.
• How leadership connects with Human Resource Management.
|Literatur||Regarding content, the course follows a classical textbook structure. I provide all of the course materials physically (in the classroom), or digitally (via ADAM). Circulation of the files to outsiders is discouraged (i.e., prohibited). The course uses the following textbook:
Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T. 2019. Organizational behavior (18th edition). New York, NY: Pearson.
All materials will be uploaded shortly before the announced days.
|Weblink||Weblink to ADAM|
|Teilnahmebedingungen||The course is a seminar/colloquium. The course language is English. In face-to-face format, 25 students (max.) are admitted. If the access to the course must be restricted, students will be asked to write and submit a short motivation letter (about 1 page), which will serve as the basis for admission decisions.|
|Anmeldung zur Lehrveranstaltung||1. The number of participants is limited to 25
Students in the Business and Technology master's program and those in the major Labor Economics, Human Resources and Organization will be given priority for application. If the access to the course must be restricted, students will be asked to write and submit a short motivation letter (about 1 page), which will serve as the basis for admission decisions.
2. Please register for the course and the subsequent assignment via this link here https://adam.unibas.ch/goto.php?target=crs_1211109_rcodeyZjk6JbMKE&client_id=adam from 01.08.23 - 19.09.23.
Please make sure that you are registered for the fall semester and have paid the semester fees before you register for this course.
Eucor-Students and mobility students of other Swiss Universities or the FHNW first have to register at the University of Basel BEFORE the enrolment deadline and receive their login data by post (e-mail address of the University of Basel). Processing time up to a week! Detailed information can be found here: https://www.unibas.ch/de/Studium/Mobilitaet.html
After successful registration you have access to the enrolment link.
3. You will be informed about the admission by 20.09.2023 at the latest.
4. A deregistration is possible until 27.09.23 at the latest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Your registration will be entered in your Online Services only after the official deadline of the course registration period, i.e. after October 16, 2023.
6. The following applies to everyone: enrollment = registration for the exam/assignment! In case of non-participation after registration it will be noted as "nicht erschienen" in the transcript.
|Einsatz digitaler Medien||kein spezifischer Einsatz|
|Datum||29.09.2023 – 14.10.2023|
|Freitag 29.09.2023||14.30-19.00 Uhr||Juristische Fakultät, Seminarraum S10 HG.45|
|Samstag 30.09.2023||09.00-16.00 Uhr||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Seminarraum S15 HG.31|
|Freitag 13.10.2023||14.30-19.00 Uhr||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Seminarraum S15 HG.31|
|Samstag 14.10.2023||09.00-16.00 Uhr||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Seminarraum S15 HG.31|
Modul: Business Field: Human Resources (Masterstudium: Business and Technology)
Modul: Core Courses in Labor Economics, Human Resources and Organization (Masterstudium: Wirtschaftswissenschaften)
Modul: Specific Electives in Business and Economics (Masterstudium: Wirtschaftswissenschaften)
Modul: Specific Electives in Labor Economics, Human Resources and Organization (Masterstudium: Wirtschaftswissenschaften)
|Hinweise zur Leistungsüberprüfung||The exam has two components:
• Participation in the course – accounting for 50% of the overall grade
• Teamwork (presentation day: Friday, Oct 13, 2023) – accounting for 50% of the overall grade
|An-/Abmeldung zur Leistungsüberprüfung||An- und Abmelden: Dozierende|
|Wiederholtes Belegen||beliebig wiederholbar|
|Zuständige Fakultät||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät / WWZ, email@example.com|
|Anbietende Organisationseinheit||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät / WWZ|