|Semester||fall semester 2021|
Paul Burger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Patricia Holm (email@example.com, Assessor)
Frank Christian Krysiak (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Content||Visits of institutions and organizations in the region, which are active in research, development of management solutions, knowledge transfer or application of scientific knowledge in the field of sustainable development. Projects will be presented and discussed. The visits will be complemented by presentations of selected experts at the University of Basel.|
|Learning objectives||- Students gain knowledge about institutions and organizations in the field of sustainable development in the region;
- they acquire a basic understanding how a project develops from scientific knowledge to implementation,
- they know typical fields of sustainability in practice,
- they are able to critically discuss chances, but also challenges and difficulties when implementing SD ideas in the practice.
|Comments||course is full, no appliation and enrolment possible anymore 23.09.21/14.45h)
This class is published for the three core competences modules. However, the teaching committee strongly advise the recognition of these credit points for the FASR module (via learning agreement).
- 24.09.21: 14.15 - 17.00h; at Unibas (room see details on dates and rooms): Introduction and guest lecture;
- 15.10.21; 22.10.21; 29.10.21 and 12.11.21: in the afternoon, start at aprox. 14.00h; visits of institutions/organizations (detailed program tba at the beginning of the semester, please keep the entire afternoons free of any other commitment).
- 19.11.21: 14.15-17.00h: at Unibas (room see details on dates and rooms): final meeting (details tba).
This course is offered by the MSD: Prof. Dr. Patricia Holm (lead), Paul Burger and Frank Krysiak are heading the MSD teaching committee.
|Admission requirements||Course is full, no appliation and enrolment possible anymore 23.09.21/14.45h)
Only for students enrolled regularly for the MSD, limited number of participants!
Consider specific participation requirements, such as:
- Mandatory course application additional to course registration on MOnA (for link see course application = Anmeldung);
- students must be studying in the 2nd semester onwards;
- 12 CP in total must be already achieved (incl. spring semester 21) in the two complementary knowledge modules (of the chosen focus area).
|Course application||Mandatory application for ALL! Link open from 19.08.21/noon-05.09.21/midnight: course is full, no appliation and enrolment possible anymore 23.09.21/14.45h)
Login and application possible from 19.08.21/noon on. Login button on top row right hand side of ADAM website. First emails with confirmation of participation will be sent out at the end of the first deadline.
In case of vacancies the online application link remains open until 30.09.21/noon.
Course enrollment on MOnA should be completed by the beginning of the teaching period (withdrawal possible until Monday of week five).
|Language of instruction||English|
|Use of digital media||No specific media used|
|Date||24.09.2021 – 19.11.2021|
on-site meetings at Unibas: 24.09.21 & 19.11.21: 14.15- 17.00h;
|Friday 24.09.2021||14.15-17.00||Kollegienhaus, Hörsaal 114|
|Friday 19.11.2021||14.15-17.00||Kollegienhaus, Hörsaal 117|
Module: Core Competences in Economics (Master's Studies: Sustainable Development)
Module: Core Competences in Natural Sciences (Master's Studies: Sustainable Development)
Module: Core Competences in Social Sciences (Master's Studies: Sustainable Development)
|Assessment format||continuous assessment|
|Assessment details||Students work out a portfolio and discussion (reflection – contribution to sustainability) about one of the presented/visited projects. In addition, it is mandatory to attend all visits and presentations.|
|Assessment registration/deregistration||Reg./dereg.: course registr./cancel registr. via MOnA|
|Repeat examination||no repeat examination|
|Scale||Pass / Fail|
|Repeated registration||as often as necessary|
|Responsible faculty||University of Basel|
|Offered by||Departement Umweltwissenschaften|